How To Bid
BidCactus is an online penny auction site where you can participate in live auctions while trying to score deep-discount bargains on your favorite products!
What are penny auctions?
BidCactus is a pay-per-bid site. To participate, you purchase bids ahead of time at a cost of $0.75 per bid, and use them to bid on auctions.
Each bid placed on an auction increases the price by one penny, and adds several seconds to the auction clock. (Please note: Bids placed at auction are not returned to you.)
The auction winner is the person who was last to bid when the clock reaches zero. The winner pays the low auction price for the item, plus any shipping costs.
Placing a bid
To bid on an auction, just click the bid button.
One bid is removed from your account, and you become the top bidder! Each bid raises the auction price by 1 penny.
The auction clock
When the auction clock gets close to zero, each bid will add several seconds back to the auction clock. This gives all bidders the chance to respond and bid again if they wish.
Winning an auction
An auction ends when people stop bidding on an item and the auction clock reaches zero.
If you’re the last bidder when the clock says Gone, you win!
Shipping your items
Just pay for your auction win, plus any shipping costs. Your item will arrive in about 15 business days. (Usually much sooner!)
Didn’t win? If the auction has a Buy It symbol, it means you have the option to purchase the item at retail price once the auction ends.
The value of any non-voucher bids you place on the auction is applied to your Buy It price, up to a cap of 50%.
Win up to 3 Bidpacks + 3 items + 3 expert auctions per 24 hours.
Win up to 30 total auctions / 1,500 bids per 30-day period. For big ticket items, limit 1 win from each category per month: Television, Camera, Computer, Game Console, and Tablet.
Tips for New Bidders
- Observe the site before you bid! You can definitely learn a lot just by watching a few auctions end.
- Start small and work your way up. Big ticket items like iPads and televisions are more difficult to win.
- Take advantage of the First Timer and Beginner auctions, which are for new bidders only!
- Don't spread your bids around: focus on one or two auctions at a time to maximize your chances of winning.
- If you are trying to conserve bids, it's better to bid late in the game. Wait until there are ten seconds or less on the clock before you place a bid.
- Watch for slower times on the website. When everyone else is enjoying their morning coffee or stuck in rush hour traffic, you can walk off with some great deals.
- Arm yourself with enough bids to win the item that you want. Keep an eye on your bid balance and purchase more if needed. You don't want to run out of bids at an inconvenient moment.
- Watch your e-mail for BidCactus newsletters, which contain great coupons, contests and promotions.
- Contact our awesome Customer Support team at
1-800-243-8711 if you have any questions. They are always happy to help!